Forum: General Centrafuse Questions - General questions about Centrafuse. eg. "How do I do this?", "Can this product do this?", "What does this feature do?", etc

Thread: End of Windows XP Support

1. #1 End of Windows XP Support 
    Thanks
    Well, I've been talking about it for over a year now, but the time is finally upon us. Windows XP is done. Microsoft wants you to move on, and so do we.

We're getting ready to do another Centrafuse update fairly soon (sometime this next week). It will be version 4.4.7

Centrafuse Version 4.4.7 will be the last guaranteed Windows XP-compatible version we release, and marks the end of Centrafuse support for Windows XP.

Now...what does that mean, exactly?

1. Future versions (after 4.4.7) of Centrafuse, may or may not be compatible with Windows XP.
    2. At some point in the not-too-distant future, we are likely to move onto the .NET 4.5 framework. This framework is NOT supported on Windows XP or Vista. So you will need to have Windows 7 or 8 installed in order to run these future versions of Centrafuse.
    3. The forums will be the best place for support questions related to XP. Our response to questions specific to Windows XP will be to upgrade to Windows 7 and install the latest version of Centrafuse. We will be providing a new Forum section specifically for XP issues and solutions.

I'll just go ahead and leave the thread open for comments. Please be nice to one another and help keep the conversation civil.
    Mark

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BoyScout (05-24-2014),camo.b (05-02-2014),ids (04-23-2014),RaggedRebel92 (04-21-2014)

Thanks
    I am going to miss Windows XP. If you had it customised properly, it would boot up quicker using a Via C7D and a 6 year old hard drive compared to a AMD A8 quad core processor on Windows 8 with an SSD.

Sad to see it go but we must move on!

Thanks
    Onward and upwards!!!!!!

Thanks
    I guess it had to happen. Compact Flash hard drives are damn expensive and mine is only 8GB. Guess I need to cough up some dough for a 16GB one :(