Forum: Radio / Audio - Discuss Radio and Audio options for, and intergration with, Centrafuse here.

Thread: How to implement DSP (Digital Signal Processing) through software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but its the closest if not exactly what Im looking for.

I am intending to use a VST (APL-1 Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit) which can be purchased as a stand alone unit or used through VST. Highly recommended for anyone interested in Sound Quality!)

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/.../170036?page=1

My apologies if linking to another forum is forbidden, it is the largest discussion on this device.

Anyway, I am trying to get my VST setup and am using Minihost Modular as the VST host. I have this setup, but I'm new to the world of VST and its a bit over my head.

My goal:

Enable output of all Windows 10 sound through the VST, or at a minimum through Centrafuse.

Are these instructions still the preferred method or is there a more up to date way to do this? Thanks!
    Last edited by crackinhedz; 08-10-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, this is still the way from the Centrafuse point of view.

Although I wonder if this volume2 app is still required, as I don't understand why this is needed; this could be solved within the Centrafuse mixer it it isn't already. The link to this other thread seems to be broken somehow and I need to find and fix this to be more precise.
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    Is it possible to use VST directly from Centrafuse or would I need JRiver? It seems very expensive.

Thanks
    No, this will need a VST-plugin and as far as I know this doesn't exist (yet), but actually, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Edit: In a quick search for this, I found however that there are more options for VST hosting than JRiver alone (e.g. Console (Sound Modular Studio), VSTHost and AudioMulch; see this page on the website you already found yourself.
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    I'm using Minihost Modular as the VST host, I'm just unsure how to get Centrafuse audio through it, or Windows audio...looks like the Virtual Audio Cable might be the answer, but even that costs money, though I may give it a try.