Forum: Released Apps / Skins - This forum is for App developers and Skin designers to post information about their creations, and provided customer support for their product.

Thread: Mapfactor Navigator Plugin

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Thanks
    If I'm correct, GPSViewer connects direct to the hardware GPS. My plugin gets its GPS information from Navigator, which in turn talks to the hardware. Can't compare the two.

I would think problems with Navigator are best resolved using Mapfactor's forums... Try WinReducer to make the OS launch quicker.

JJ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnjore For This Useful Post:

optarix12 (05-30-2017)

Thanks
    This plugin is great! A recent bug with Destinator (im a simple guy, it was enough...) forced me to look around for alternatives. I really appreciate the work you've done on this. Hope to take it on a road trip in the next month or so!

optarix12

Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the donation. When I get some spare time I'll see if its possible to use Windows 10's maps in offline mode with CF as the routing engine in Navigator is pretty poor in free / OSM mode.

JJ

Thanks
    Well I don't route much, mostly use it as an overhead map, so that hasn't been a problem for me yet. I know MF is not perfect, but up to date maps is really nice. It also seems to use video acceleration of sorts, to speed things up a bit on my old puny AMD E-350 CPU.

There are really only a handful of annoying issues I've identified so far, and they are:
    • I wish I could disable that weird arrow that shows the as the crow flies direction to the destination, its annoying and doesn't help me, and why is it there when I'm not routing?
    • There is no easy "Cancel Route" or "Stop Route" button when you are routing, you have to dig in and delete the routes manually
    • When NOT routing, it doesn't seem to autozoom well, or even at all, based on the surrounding detail. I use it as an overhead map a lot when Im driving, and this makes that harder.
    • The text for road names and such is constantly jiggling around a lot, even when your vehicle is at rest, making it a little disorienting to read. This may have to do with my resolution (800 x 600) though.
    • GPS disconnects every now and again, or the software crashes every now and again. Mostly when coming out of hibernate, not when I just launch it all from fresh boot.

Maybe some of these issues have fixes, I'll just have to use it more and find out. There aren't many options for x86 PC users these days, so we just have to make due with what there is.

Thanks,
    M Yurkoski