Forum: Connectivity - Looking for the best options for wireless connectivity? Network, Wifi, Bluetooth etc. Those discussions take place in here.

Thread: Found an issue with CentraFuse and BlueSoleil Bluetooth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I honestly don't know. It might be a Broadcom chip of some kind, possible branded as "Rocketfish" or something like that. I found it in the bottom of a drawer someplace. What I'm sure of is I didn't pay more than about $10 for it, if that. Also, it's VERY likely a BT 2.0 or 2.1 device, and not a BT 4.0 device. That doesn't mean you can't use a BT4.0 device, just that I don't have one to test on, so I can't say for sure. The only BT devices I know for sure that DON'T work are anything made for or sold by Asus. They are not compatible with BlueSoleil at all, whether built-in to the motherboard or as a standalone dongle.
    Mark

Thanks
    so i ran the same test with the wifes iphone 5 with ios 7 somthing and it behaves exactly the same as my note 3,perfect reconnection on CF restart the system sleep.made a phone call and it all seems fine.

YACO where are you at with yours now? and what hardware/windows version are you running including the phone?
    im tipping somthing isnt quite right with your system...not that mine doesnt have its querks (its over due for a full reinstall) ive tinkered with settings and programs so much with this latest hardware that some windows parts are a bit screwed up...saying that CF runs like a champ and a cold boot to radio playing is like 23 seconds with no errors.

give us some more details and we will see if we can get you running a bit better

Thanks
    Hey guys sorry to bring up a 2 year old thread...

Im new to Centrafuse and bluesoleil. I just purchased bluesoleil version 10. I am trying to use my iphone 5s on my laptop running windows 10 and my built in bluetooth adapter. It's a fairly new laptop (HP Envy ts m7)

Centrafuse is awesome and i want to buy it but this bluetooth thing is driving me crazy...

Bluesoleil works on my desktop no problem. But the songs in centrafuse freeze up, the scrubbing function has never worked... Play and pause is a hit and miss. Ive made 1 successful phone call using CF... Sometimes the answer/hangup red and green buttons freeze on the screen and i have to restart... I just find the whole thing unreliable but ive seen so many successful comments and videos...

Please let me know if bluesoleil is still the latest and greatest, i seen one thread talking about using a new bluetooth software. Would really like to get it working so i can feel better about spending money on CF... Already feel sick about paying for bluesoleil with all this flaky behavior.

Thanks
    Yeh, but as car computing is a never ending story, new users can learn from history...

First thing you need to know is whether your Bluetooth radio (chip) is supported by BlueSoleil. Personally, I wasn't very successful to configure a build-in Bluetooth radio (in my Surface Pro 3 and NUC's) with BlueSoleil. So I ordered some cheap USB Bluetooth adapters. I also ordered one from IVT. These things look very expensive at first sight, but they include a hardware based license for BlueSoleil, so it's very portable. When you subtract the license fee from the price, the hardware is almost for free.

Scrubbing of the music, streamed over Bluetooth from your phone, is not functioning yet. Also, not all phones support position control.

But there is another thing that might interfere with the communication between Centrafuse and your phone: When you start streaming music from your phone, do you get a little blue control box, normally in the lower right corner of your screen popping up? This might also explain trouble with controlling your phone from Centrafuse, because it steals status data from your phone, expected by Centrafuse.

Because you are a new fresh user, I suspect you've purchased and downloaded BlueSoleil very recently. So you are probably running V10.0.493.1 or maybe even 494.1. With previous versions, I was able to change the setup.ini file to exclude this control box functionality, but with 493.1 this doesn't seem to work anymore and this very irritating box is still popping up, disrupting communication between Centrafuse and the phone.
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    Hi all,

which is the correct bluesoleil release to use with CF 4.9?

i had 10.0.417.0 with CF 4.7 and insalled the latest, 10.0.494.0

also, the bluesoleil always open the a2p panel. any way to avoid it? i could not find setup.ini at the new bluesoleil directory. and there is also a new cphone app.

BR
    Last edited by pw44; 05-07-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks
    It should not really matter which version of BlueSoleil you use, but Centrafuse was tested against the latest builds (10.0.489.x at that time?) and I'm still testing every new release that comes out. V10.0.494.0 is the current now and seems stable to me.

However there was a problem with the trick to disable the control box in 493.1; it didn't seem to work with this release, but it does work right with 494.0 again.
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    How do i disable it? 😉

Thanks
    See my answer in the other thread about this issue
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    I'm testing CF 4.49 and Bluesoleil 10 as well. My issues is that my phone (iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5) doesn't show up as available for A2DP in Centrafuse OR Bluesoleil. The thing is, my phone has no issues connecting to the PC with A2DP, in fact if I initiate the connection through the phone, this is the default profile that is used.

Is there a way to manually edit the Centrafuse settings to add the phone Bluetooth address directly? I tried editing the bluetooth.xml file, but that didn't work. The phone pairs fine, connects to HFP fine, just won't load the A2DP module.

Thanks for any advice.