Forum: Skin Development - This section is for designers to discuss their new or existing skins.

Thread: Skinning "Home" button help

1. #1 Skinning "Home" button help 
    Thanks
    Hi All

After a few front ends, and the unfortunate lack of development on them, I,m now attempting to skin centrafuse. I'm cruising through this with the aid of Centrafuse Studio, which is a fantastic skinning tool. i've done the home screen and now am doing the Media Player screen

Im after a little help to see if what I'm after is doable.
    On the Home screen in the bottom left corner i have the exit button, what i would like is to replace exit with a Back or Home button. Using the Clean skin, the media player screen has a home button drop below the media player skin as i cant find it within the skin section using Studio. how is this button appearing if its not on the media player screen?

If i can find that out i should be able to overlay it on top of the exit button.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    I'm not sure what you exactly want to achieve, but I would advise you to take a look at the Fresh Air skin and skin file; in this skin, there is a main screen that fill the full screen and almost all other screens are a bit smaller in height, leaving some space at the top for a status bar and on the bottom for a command bar. Then the home button is always reachable in the lower right corner. The function of this button is "Exit" when you are in the main screen and "Home" in all other cases: This is done by the following lines in the <Main> section:
    Code:
          <SHOWMAINCONTROLS>
             <CONTROL type="DynButton" id="MainMenu" bounds="708;404;64;64"  tabindex="10" cmlaction="Centrafuse.Main.MainMenu" off="MainBackOff"  down="MainBackDown" />
          </SHOWMAINCONTROLS>
          <HIDEMAINCONTROLS>
            <CONTROL type="DynButton" id="Exit" />
          </HIDEMAINCONTROLS>
    When a sub-screen is overlapping the command bar on the bottom of the screen (e.g. like in the case of the media manager), you need to provide your own home button on that position (in this skin it is almost everywhere a <Cancel> button.

I don't know how this can be done with the Centrafuse Studio program, because I seldom use this: Just for a rough design, and than continue with editing the skin file itself.
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Louk, i worked it out and couldnt reply until the post showed (moderated). basically i had changed the media player around and removed the home button, but found it in the mixer screen. adjusted and its working as it should

with the dialog box that appears when you click the track at the top, i want to use the adjustable slider, elapsed and duration, how can i use some of those in the media player screen? i've tried copy paste into the media section but they wont appear. is this possible?

Code:
    <!--Media Player Track Details-->
            <CONTROL type="Slider" id="SongPosition" cmltext="Centrafuse.CurrentMedia.SliderPosition" bounds="11;59;418;75" max="100" min="0" orientation="horizontal" sliderenabled="true" slideralignment="left" sliderbackground="TrackDetailsScrubberBackground" sliderforeground="TrackDetailsScrubberForeground" slideroff="TrackDetailsScrubberOff" sliderdown="" enabled="true" />
            <CONTROL type="Label" id="Elapsed" bounds="0;145;70;30" fontclass="Standard18" fontstyle="style:bold;wrap:true" cmltext="Centrafuse.CurrentMedia.Position" cmlaction="Centrafuse.Main.Position" />
            <CONTROL type="Label" id="Duration" bounds="368;145;70;30" fontclass="Standard18" fontstyle="style:bold;wrap:true" cmltext="Centrafuse.CurrentMedia.Duration" />

Thanks
    I don't see why this wouldn't work; maybe the controls are overlapped by anything else?
    Drive on...
    Louk.

Thanks
    Doesn't appear to be, but I'll check it out.

Just confirming, can I add extra dialog screens or is everything in the clean skin the only thing available for centrafuse? Reading the doco it says as long as the id is unique.. For example of I wanted to do a boxed visualisation, I can't have full screen vis?

Thanks
    No, that's about it (all the dialogs used in the Clean and Fresh Air skins), unless you write your own app/plugin to handle it.

However full screen VIS is available in both skins (activated by a double click in the mini VIS boxes, like the one in the media player screen or by the associated hotkey).

The full VIS dialog is described in the skin section with id "FullVis"
    Drive on...
    Louk.