Forum: Projects - Have a project you're working on and want to share?

Thread: COMPLETED! Korebreach's '04 Hyundai Sonata / Acer Aspire Revo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Update 
    Thanks
    So, about 6 months after everything was assembled, the backup camera started working off and on, and then failed completely. It's been a couple of years since that. Additionally, I'm now running Windows 8 without Centrafuse, and no mapping. I've finally gotten around (with help from my dad) to finding the source of the backup camera problems. It looks like the camera itself went bad. I've ordered a new one. Also, I'm thinking of going back to Centrafuse.

Thanks
    Due to the unavailability of Centrafuse Auto edition, I've decided to move on to another front-end. I won't advertise here for them. The replacement camera has now been installed and is working great. So far, I've got music, video, HD radio, navigation, and backup cam all working with the new front-end. I'm waiting on a Verizon Jetpack to be delivered for adding internet browsing, weather, and anything else I can think of.

Thanks
    It's been quite a while since this installation, and things have totally gone *kaput*. I recently moved from a relatively warmer climate to a cold one. I took my dirty little Hyundai into the local automatic car wash, not realizing my antenna was still up (there's no switch to put it down because of the carputer). Well... snap (literally). I drove with a floppy antenna all the way home. After shutting off the car, I snipped the automatic antenna off with some cutters. That night, it got down below 0 degrees F. Probably not related to the antenna, the carPC won't turn on again. It's been too cold to troubleshoot, so I'm dead in the water right now.

Thanks
    Well having worked on US Navy vessels temperatures outside and be an issue for any electronics. Here is a link to some foil heaters that can be put on a thermostat to pre-warm any case or electronics (used these inside control panels that were located outside the main ship to keep buttons, levers, and displays from freezing up).

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/12v-heating-film.html

Just a thought if your thinking the cold is causing the issues. You can prewarm the carputer and have it shut off at like 60-70*F and have it set to a simple switch so you only turn it on before bringing up your system.

Hope it helps.

Mikey

Thanks
    I put some more time back into getting things working again. Turns out I blew the power supply fuse in the Revo. Easy enough fix. Replaced the antenna. Now looking at adding a switch to lower the antenna, since they want your car turned on when you go through the car wash (which keeps my antenna up). Switched to a new font-end program again. Working great now!

Also working on another project: A robot based on the Roomba vacuum. http://roombot.blogspot.com
    Last edited by korebreach; 02-18-2015 at 07:43 PM.

6. #46 Project is now officially dead 
    Thanks
    A major auto accident has finally killed-off this project. Idiot made a left turn in front of me in an intersection where I had the green light. Total loss. Additionally, my replacement car has a factory-installed infotainment system that's pretty good. Nice to know, though, that I was into car-puters before they were really much of a thing. It's fun anticipating trends!

Thanks
    Luckily, it was just the car that died here . Although I have the feeling we are going to miss you anyhow. Thanks for your contribution to the community!
    Drive on...
    Louk.